Learning About the Feldenkrais Method with Anastasi Siotas
In this episode, Mike and Eric are joined by Guild Certified Feldenkrais Assistant Trainer, Anastasi Siotas.
The Feldenkrais Method is an alternative health approach that focuses on gentle movements and mindfulness to improve overall mental and physical well being. It’s benefits include improving mobility and range of motion as well as flexibility and coordination. With roots in physics, anatomy, and biomechanics, this powerful method helps students gain an awareness of their body resulting in enhanced mind-body experience. In today’s episode, we learn the basics of this method with Guild Certified Feldenkrais Assistant Trainer, Anastasi Siotas.
Key Topic Timestamps
- 01:15 - What is the Feldenkrais Method?
- 02:55 - Different ways to practice this method
- 05:05 - Functional Integration vs. other alternative healing methods
- 10:30 - Osteopathy vs. Feldenkrais
- 15:00 - How Anastasi got into this method
- 17:40 - Most common challenges of the Feldenkrais method
- 23:30 - Key aspects of optimal posture
- 28:30 - QOR360 Chair
- 35:30 - Emotional and mental benefits of practicing the Feldenkrais Method
- 38:40 - How to get started and learn more about this method
- 43:45 - Brief anatomy lesson from Anastasi
- 48:00 - Breath work & Feldenkrais
- The Elusive Obvious by Moshe Feldenkrais
- Awareness Through Movement by Moshe Feldenkrais
- The Potent Self: A Guide to Spontaneity by Moshe Feldenkrais
- Biotensegrity: The Structural Basis of Life by Graham Scarr