Medical Herbalism with Lily Canetty-Clarke
In this episode, Mike and Eric are joined by Medical Herbalist, Lily Canetty-Clarke.
Herbal Medicine is an approach to health that dates back thousands of years. In addition to various vitamins and nutrients, plants and herbs contain thousands of powerful phyto-chemicals. Phyto-chemicals are compounds only found in plants that are linked to many different health benefits and healing properties. In today’s episode, we learn about Herbal Medicine and the importance of a holistic approach when it comes to our health.
Key Topic Timestamps
- 01:30 - How Lily got into herbal medicine
- 07:00 - Lily’s role as a Clinical Herbalist
- 09:50 - Herbal Medicine vs. Modern Pharmaceuticals
- 13:15 - Skepticism of Herbal Medicine
- 15:50 - Naturopath vs. Herbalist
- 22:25 - Is Herbal Medicine safe?
- 24:55 - Herbal Medicine for stress & anxiety
- 32:00 - Herbal Medicine for sleep
- 37:55 - Is it okay to nap during the day?
- 39:55 - Tinctures & Herbs
- 40:45 - The proper way to make a cup of tea
- 44:55 - Lily’s favorite resources on Herbal Medicine
- 48:25 - How to find a practitioner that’s right for you
- 51:05 - How to get a video consultation with Lily
- The Handmade Apothecary: Healing Herbal Remedies by Vicky Chown & Kim Walker
- Spice Apothecary: Blending and Using Common Spices for Everyday Health by Bevin Clare
- Dispensing with Tradition: A Practitioner’s Guide to Using Indian and Western Herbs the Ayurvedic Way by Anne McIntyre & Michelle Boudin